High Temperature/Cryogenic Displacement Sensing Systems
High Temperature non-contact displacement and gap measurement sensor technology is our core competence and differentiates Capacitec from other technologies in the displacement sensor field. This expertise was developed over many years by working with key customers in the Aerospace, Automotive, Metal and Glass production and Power Generation industries. Capacitec was the only supplier that could meet displacement applications at these challenging temperatures in combination with small sensor size and long cable lengths. This research and development has resulted in Capacitec’s ability to measure very precise physical dimensions in extreme environments with temperatures ranging from -456°F to 1,852°F (-272°C to 1,000°C).
Extreme Temperature Major Applications:
- Disc Brake thickness variation analysis (DTV) at 750°F (400°C)
- Jet Engine dynamic testing including thermal expansion
- Power Turbine runout for R&D
- Glass and Metal forming at 1,475°F (800°C)
- CVD Coater head to metal roll in Flexible Solar Panels at 1,100°F (600°C)
- Material strength testing, COD, J1C Fracture, Tensile Testing
- Satellite systems cryogenic vacuum testing at -456°F (-272°C)
- Laboratory testing of a magnetic shape memory alloy at 4 Kelvin and 18 Tesla!