Hole Measuring System
Capacitec offer two options for hole measurement systems:
- CMS-3 Non-Contact Portable Bore Diameter Measurement System
Capacitec hole measurement system using Capacitec Non-contact displacement sensors installed into Bore Probes and connected to Capacitec modular electronics
CMS-3 Instrumentation - Quick and Accurate Measurement of Fastener Holes with Minimum Operator Induced Error: Structural QA of airframes and other industrial assemblies may require inspection of thousands of fastener holes to insure compliance to design specifications. The CMS-3 handheld instrumentation and mating CHP (Capacitance Hole Probe) probe series comprise a highly accurate system that reduces test time while minimizing operator induced error.
The CMS-3 uses up to 48 Sensor elements to inspect the inside diameter of a fastener hole at 24 locations, in one insertion, in one second. In addition to “PASS/FAIL” indication, the CMS-3 can interface with industry standard SPC data collectors such as the Allen-Bradley DataMyte for in-process trend analysis.
Hole Diameter Hole Mapping Probes
CHP Probe Series - Multi-Sensor Probe Design Enables Comprehensive Hole Measurement and Profiling: CHP probes are available in a range of diameters and lengths with up to 48 individual sensors located axially and along the probe surface. Diameter measurements as well as fastener hole shape are obtained through the entire grip length of the hole. In contrast, older mechanical contact methods only characterize the fastener hole at one location at a time. CHP Probes can measure:
- Straight Holes
- Countersink Diameters
- Grip Length
Displacement or Gap Application Inquiry Form?
Fill in our Inquiry Form and we'll call you for a FREE technical review of your application!
Hole Measurment System Advantages:
- High-Speed, High-precision measurement of straight, tapered or countersink fastener holes
- Immediate Pass/Fail display of hole quality
- Interface with industry standard data collectors for SPC trend analysis
- Typical gage R&R of 0.0003”
- Dramatically increases measurement throughput while minimizing operator induced errors
- Multi-sensor probe design for rapid, single-insertion comprehensive hole measurement and profiling
2. Capacitec hole measurement system using Capacitec Non-contact displacement sensors installed into Bore Probes and connected to Capacitec modular electronics
The selection of which Capacitec modular electronic sytems to use in conjunction with capacitive bore probes depends on several factors including:
- number of sensors used in the probe
- bore probe outside diameter
- countersink measurement requirements
- hand-held or automated insertion
- material layer thickness specification
- real-time measurement software
- accuracy and linearization required
- long cable length option
Based on the customer's specification on features and benefits these are among the typical choices:
Triple Channel Electronics
The triple channel is a semi portable non-contact capacitive instrumentation package that can be used with capacitive bore gauges containing 3 non-contact displacement sensors.
The digital 5000 Series Modular non-contact capacitive displacement instrumentation packages are the next generation to the 4000 series. Introduced in 2005, they provide the latest state-of-the-art electronics and offer significant added value to users such as:
• On-board digital linearization (linearity to ±0.1% of full scale)
• Pushbutton calibration - no potentiometers
• Switch selectable filter response: 3.1kHz, 5.7kHz, 8.1kHz, & optional 11.2kHz, to +/-3dB
• Variable frequency excitation switch
• Improved performance and stability with high temperature and long cable length probes
4000 Series Non-Contact Capacitive Displacement
The 4000 Series Modular and the NEW 410-XS Mini-modular non-contact capacitive displacement instrumentation. The modular amplifier cards are designed to operate with every probe diameter configuration and several sensitivity ranges by simple recalibration.